The Firm offers legal services for energy-intensive plants and for industrial consumers. Our lawyers advise industrial consumers on matters related to regulations of the Energy Law, Excise Duty Act, and the Energy Efficiency Act, and assist them in negotiations of agreements for the sale of electricity and natural gas. The Firm provides legal services for energy-intensive consumers in the field of energy efficiency, obtaining the full exemption from excise duty on electricity, obtaining a partial refund of the excise duty on electricity and offers a comprehensive legal counseling in the process of obtaining and maintaining the Industrial Consumer status, in accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act.
Our firm offers legal services for industrial consumers and energy-intensive plants, and in particular:
- Advisory services for large industrial consumers with regard to the provisions of the Energy Law, Excise Duty Act, Renewable Energy Sources Act, Energy Efficiency Act and other regulations applicable to the energy sector
- Our lawyers ensure obtaining the status of Industrial Consumer, in accordance with the Renewable Energy Sources Act (RES Act) and the Energy Law. We also provide legal support in fulfilling obligations of an Industrial Consumer on behalf of the Energy Regulatory Office and in maintaining the Industrial Consumer status in subsequent years,
- The Firm offers legal services for obtaining and implementation of the full excise duty exemption, pursuant to Article 30, Section 7a of the Excise Duty Act,
- Our lawyers provide legal services in the process of receiving, for energy-intensive plants, of partial reimbursement for the excise duty paid on electricity, on the basis of Article 31d of the Excise Duty Act,
- The Firm provides legal advisory services on energy efficiency,
- The Firm provides legal services in the process of acquiring energy efficiency certificates (white certificates) for energy efficiency projects. Our Energy Law Team prepares legal analyses of energy efficiency, related in particular to the possibility of exceeding the permissible value of public aid for the energy efficiency project, in accordance with Article 20, Clause 2, Point 1 b of the Energy Efficiency Act,
- The Firm provides legal counseling during negotiations of agreements for the supply of utilities, and in particular sale agreements for electricity, comprehensive sale agreements for natural gas, including the tranche product, multi-click contracts and with prices based on quotations on the Polish Power Exchange,
- The Firm provides legal advice on DSR services, which can be provided on behalf of PSE SA by any consumer with load reduction capabilities,
- Our lawyers offer advice on the purchase agreements of property rights arising from Certificates of Origin (green and blue certificates) for industrial consumers with electricity consumption above 100GWh, and ensure completing the process of redemption of Certificates of Origin by industrial consumers,
- Our lawyers continuously monitor changes in the regulations applicable to the energy industry, in particular with regard to the Energy Law, the Renewable Energy Sources Act, the Energy Efficiency Act and provide industrial consumers with legal alerts in which they assess the impact of the planned changes on the operations of power generation plants.
- The Firm conducts training sessions and workshops for industrial consumers on their reporting obligations and the obligations arising from the licenses they hold.